New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By ch1ll1ng Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:14 pm
I just purchased a blue MPC 1000 about a week ago. I might have overpaid a bit for it but it's in immaculate condition and I'm really happy with it.

I'm planning on hooking up the SPDIF Out to a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. I have some TS cables that I can use for audio out to the 6i6 as well but I figured I'd keep the stereo outs free if I'm able to. One question would be should I have purchased TRS cables instead of TS cables to connect the Stereo Out of the MPC to the TRS inputs of the 6i6?

I want to use the SPDIF In on the MPC to receive audio to sample from my DAW through the 6i6. Would it be more wise to use the TRS outs on the 6i6? If so are TRS or TS cables recommended?

There is a hard drive already installed but it's causing my MPC to heat up more than I would like. I plan on replacing it with a CF card adapter and SD to CF card adapter. I read a post on here about how it took some altering of the hard drive adapter to properly use an SSD drive and while I don't mind the challenge a CF/SD card option seems like a simple way to go. Has anybody successfully used a 128gb SD card in a set up like this?

This is probably a topic for another discussion but what is everybody's recommended workflow? I mean do you lay down a bass line, melody or drums first?

My MPC doesn't have a paid JJOS version or the new pads but I'm thinking of upgrading to both features. Would it be wise to not upgrade and sell it to buy a newer black version (probably used) or is the blue with upgraded pads and JJOS1 a good long term investment?

Thanks!