New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By fmmood Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 am
hey guys, just got picked up a 1000.

i have studio monitors hooked through a behringer UMC404HD up to my PC where I use FL studio.

im wondering if I can play the MPC through the studio monitors without disconnecting the PC

btw I'm a total noob with all terminology and cables and shit i might need, thanks.
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 am
Yeah you gonna need an audio interface with a couple inputs and outputs for that.

Look them up, research at places like Guitar Center, Sweetwater, Sam Ash etc. All different prices and models to choose from.

It will connect your computer, MPC and your monitors all at the same time like the way you like it.
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:20 am
Yes you can connect the MPC into your Behringer interface, it has 4 inputs on the front. Just use a stereo 1/4" cable.
Keep in mind the MPC outputs line level, make sure the inputs are set to line. You might have to set up FL or the interface mixer to monitor the inputs.
By fmmood Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 am
thanks for the responses and that pic. should i do one cable for the right and another cable for the left going into two different inputs on the audio interface? or is there a double ended 1/4 cable that goes into a single 1/4 I should use?
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:28 pm
The inserts are input channels. 1 and 3 are L and 2 and 4 are R. So connect the main out of the MPC to 1 (L) and 2 (R) of the UMC, this way you can hear it. You can sample from the outs as well, but you might have to cut off the inserts, for it can cause a violent digital sonic loop .
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 pm
fmmood wrote:thanks for the responses and that pic. should i do one cable for the right and another cable for the left going into two different inputs on the audio interface? or is there a double ended 1/4 cable that goes into a single 1/4 I should use?

I posted a picture of the exact cable you need. One side is for L one side is for R.