New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By tgw617 Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:30 am
in my 1000 when i sample somthing and then edit it in trim mode i can loop the sample repeateldy by holding down on pad A13.

i want to know how i can do this same thing outside of trim mode when i am recording a sequence. i couldnt find much in the manual so i figured i go to the newbies forum casue i felt stupid anywhere else. any help is good help.

By pt3r Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:42 am
Manual pg 56.

By stereoroid Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:19 pm
pt3r wrote:Manual pg 56.

Hey, didn't the boss say "none of that RTFM stuff here"? 8)

If you mean doing it as part of a sequence, you would just put a Note On Pad Event in a Sequence Track.

But for repeating short samples "live", you use Note Repeat mode. The T.C. "Time Correct" settings control how the samples are triggered.

Now, get thee to the manual... :shock:

By pt3r Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:26 pm
aw come on stereo i did not say RTFM I downloaded the mpc1000 manual (I don't own an mpc1000 you see I'm an 2000xl owner) and searched for the looping of a sample in the manual and page 56 explains perfectly how to loop a sample. So I think I did a good job. :D
By frigidnoise Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm
But how can you loop a sample without having to hold it down the entire time? A sample that is not a beat? Say, one that is 19 seconds long, non-rythmic aka can't sequence it properly because there is no bpm.

Is there any way to get a sample to just play over and over again until you tell it to stop?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:58 pm
It is possible and can be achieved in JJOS 2XL by selecting and using the loop and hold function in the AMP page. Here's a quick tutorial style video that shows you how to do it.