New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Elpatron212 Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:25 pm
I just wanted to say hello to the community. About two days ago I bought my very first mpc :) (mpc 2500) already bought the jjosxl chopping bible (thanks Andy Avgousti for taking the time to make this) and the jjosxl program. I came from starting off my journey in music production with my first purchase being the native instruments mk1 and it was a beautiful learning experience. Some producers I've looked up to are Arabbmuzik, Lex lugar, Ryan Leslie, Timberland and Pharrel williams not all for the same reasons or quality of music they produce but each hold a reason for my inspiration to do music. Anyways I just turned 25 about a week ago and hopefully when I'm about or close to my 40's I will look back at this post and be making a decent living from something I love.

Good day to all land never let the passion go

Signing off -Adam Christian
By Clint Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm
Welcome to the team.

Do it for the love not for money, and you'll be good.
By Elpatron212 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 am
Thanks Clint. It' has always been for the love ever since I figured out I can make sounds by banging on my mother's pots and pans with a wood spoon lol
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:37 am
Welcome to the forums.

Keep at it, I had dreams of my own studio when all I had was a double cassette deck and a turntable to make beats. Never thought I could do it, but now I'm 37 and I own my own personal music studio and a garage.
Get yourself a soundcloud account to get your music noticed then come to bandcamp where you can sell it. Bandcamp supports my diggin, smoking, and garage kit habits :wink:
By medearis Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 am
Welcome to the boards. Wish I had started out with a 2500! Nice machine! Don't be shy.

Word to the Earth Mother
:smoker: