New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Christminded Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 pm
Found a mpc 2000 xl in a pawn shop for 250 was able to talk the lady down too 200! Easy steal righ? Well on to what concerns me most! I was recording on software and now I wanna transition over to hardware! What do I need to transfer my beats from the mpc over too? Would a digital multitrack recorder be of any use , without me having to connect to a computer to mix and master? Kinda had some issuescwith my computervand have to hold off forcquite sometime! Im jus looking for a simple hardware setup to go with the 2000 xl
any suggestions????? :hmmm:
By distortedtekno Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:01 am
A digital multitrack recorder is exactly what you're looking for. There's a lot of them out there. I really can't recommend any, since I've always used computers. I'll move this post to the Studio Setup and Gear Advice Forum, so you can get more advice from other members on the subject of multitrack recorders.
By Ron-Jay Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 pm
i just wondered. it helps with mixing. but you could solo tracks and track them into the recorder one at a time, then mix on the multitrack recorder. if you have 8 outs then you get to assign tracks to each output so that you can record 8 tracks at a time into the digital recorder, streamlining the process. but you don't need need it. or you could try to finish the beat on the mpc then just record the whole beat stereo out into the recorder.

i've got the 8 outs installed and i don't even use them right now. but for what you're doing you might really benefit from the 8 outs and a decent multichannel recorder.
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm
There plenty of recorders on the market. I recommend a Tascam DP03 because its stand alone hardware and you have 3 options to import to PC by USB, CD, or SD card. It only has two 1/4" inputs, two XLR inputs and RCA outputs which is perfect for just a drum machine and a microphone type of set up. Of course, there are bigger models like the DP24 and 32 or smaller like the DP008EX and DP006 but the DP03 is that "just right" set up for a beatmaker on a budget looking for that decent pro studio sound.