New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By srasmus Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 pm
Hello everyone

I'm using a 2500 is running JJOS 3.25.

I have a (perhaps dumb) but simple question I hope someone can enlighten me on.

On one track, I've recorded 64 bars of DRUM data from the pads.

Now, between bars 17 and 19 I want to insert blank bars.

I know you can insert bars to the whole sequence, but how can I apply blank bars to just one track without affecting the other tracks?

As always, any answer will be extremely appreciated!

Regards
By SimonInAustralia Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:05 pm
A sequence is a set length, in this case, you have set it to 64 bars, so all the tracks in that sequence are 64 bars.

You can't insert blank bars into just one track, making that one track longer, and keeping the other tracks at 64 bars.

Do you want to delete what is in that one track, between bars 17 and 19, but keep the length of that track at 64 bars, like the other tracks in the sequence?
By srasmus Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:09 am
Thanks

Yeah, all I really want to achieve is to insert two bars of silence on the specific track, as in muting it. Pressing the Mute button seems to only work for playback, not for recording. What would be the best way to do this? Just erase the notes?

Regards
By Matriks Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:54 am
srasmus wrote: What would be the best way to do this? Just erase the notes?

I would say this is the easiest way to reach the result you want.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:03 am
In the Akai OS, I would go into Sequence Edit/Bars page, and choose to delete from bar 17 to 19 on that one track.

Not sure about JJOS, someone with JJOS experience will have to help.

Possibly, in JJOS, go into Track Edit, move the cursor to bar 17 on that one track, and press Erase, then 18 and 19 the same way.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128 ... k_edit.htm
By srasmus Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:06 pm
OK, what I did was:

1) Entered seq edit mode
2) Added two bars to "duration"
3) Did a track move, moving all events from bar 17 to the end of the sequence to bar 19 to begin at bar 19, this inserted two empty bars

It works!

Regards