New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By MiloG Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:41 pm
Hi, is it possible to hook up the mpc500 to logic pro x so that they sync with each other. What i want to be able to do is record say a drumbeat on the mpc itself and then at the same time have logic start recording the beat, making a new region in a new track as i record on the mpc. So once its recorded i can edit in piano roll editor...

Also is there any way to track out from the mpc to logic. This is so i can arrange the different parts, and so i can master in logic etc.

Thanks
By bliprock Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:57 am
Yes but you are talking about to different things when you mention mastering your beats.
To sync with logic you need a midi interface and 2 midi cables to plug in the MPC.
You have to decide which is the midi master and slave and set it up accordingly.
I would suggest syncing logic to the MPC so logic is slaved to midi tempo of your MPC.
Then arm a midi track in logic and it will record all the midi notes from your pads or sequence. turn of quantise to get no note shifting in logic and get exactly what you hit in the MPC. or turn it on if you suck at it and you want it in time. This set up works both ways and brings me to your next question about mastering. You can fix up your beats and ten send that midi back to MPC and record that sound coming from the MPC into logic. This is not midi of course. So you need sound interface to. Get one with both midi and sound maybe.