New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Champloo Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 pm
My interface works just fine, but I seem to be experiencing a driver problem or something. I have my interface selected exactly the same in both FL Studio 10 and in Sound Forge 9. When I'm playing something in FL Studio and I switch to Sound Forge, the audio from FL Studio STOPS and I have to go into Options > Audio Settings > then reselect my interface from under the ASIO devices. (pretty much like hitting F5/refresh in the web browser when a page messes up)

For some reason, I cannot play audio at the same time using both of these programs. Is this a familiar problem or is there some sort of option I'm missing? thanks
By Metatron72 Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 pm
Sounds as if you interface's driver is not a multi-client ASIO driver. But you didn't specify what you are working with. A single client driver often when switching apps just stops the ASIO stream dead as you described, and it has to be reset for the next app making a procedure call in the OS for it, which happens when you re-select as you describe.

What interface do you have? Maybe there's a less annoying workaround. Also I'm thinking if you had ASIO4All installed you might be able to tell Sound Forge to use that by default and have FL just use the native ASIO driver. You likely have that driver if you didn't un-check it installing FL.

I'm lucky I have a multi client driver and can have web, iTunes and any number of DAWS/Music apps running at once.