New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By TiagoFigueiredo Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:14 am
Good morning to all and thank you for reading our topic.

We are new here and have got an MPC studio which i registered in my computer. Nonetheless i am travelling and brought the mpc with me. I have installed in another computer and now its always running in Demo mode, since it says there is a registration problem........ Can One use not the MPC software in 2 different computers ?

And if so how should i do it ? Use the same info as i registered at home ? (pass, mail etc)

Also i seen only to get sound when i connect the jack to the PC line output....when i connect it to the midi out on the MPC there is not sound..... (im using a standart stereo or PC speakers set)

Anyone has any idea of what im doing wrong ?

Sugestions are welcomed

Thanks
By SimonInAustralia Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 am
The MPC Studio does not have a built-audio interface, you have to use something else for your audio interface, such as your built-in computer audio interface, as you are already doing.

A MIDI signal is not an audio signal, you can not listen to it directly, the note on/off messages, and other data, that it carries, has to be sent into some sort of MIDI sound source, so that the MIDI data can trigger sounds in that MIDI sound source.
By TiagoFigueiredo Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 am
Hey Simon and thanks for the kind message.

Interesting, so what "machine" or "device" does one plug into the midi output ?

I heard that the mpc studio does not run without a PC laptop, correct ?

And regarding my first question, registration and using the software in another laptop like im trying to do now, can you share your thoughts on that ?

I dont seem to be able to get out of the demo(n) mode here!

Suggestions are welcomed

Tiago
By Mike Boogie Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:39 pm
Oh boy you have a long way to go...

First thing first. Have you taken a look at the "QUICK START GUIDE" that was packed in your MPC Studio?