All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:53 pm

'Breaks for Beat Makers' is the first in a series of short drum loop releases from Tombongo. This pack features 98 Loops at various tempos between 70-120 bpm. Recorded at the all-analogue 'Gizzard Recording' facility in London using a 2" tape machine, vintage microphones and outboard gear.

This packs offers separate .wav stems for the bass drum, snare drum and left and right overhead channels for each loop so that you can achieve independent control of the levels and greater control of EQ and compression to make the drums pop in your mix!

For more information go to:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... at-makers/
By Fruitnveg Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:31 pm
Hi, I just bought these an I can say they really sound incredible. It will probably sound stupid but I only ever chop drum breaks to arrange my own patterns, so I'm not sure of how I should be utilising the different recordings of the same break in order to give my drums more "pop".

I'm pretty sure I should be looping them for a starts but do I then layer or what?

any info or directions to info would be so appreciated.

Thanks!
By Fruitnveg Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 am
Thanks mpc tutor, I loaded up different stems in the mpc and did something similar to what you said an it was really cool, I've got these new drums, tombongo funk sessions,
all the timmy rickard drums, the 60's and 70's, the infinity kit and the dirty drummer finger drumming. They are all just the sound that I like. My only complaint (which could be me missing something) is that my mpc 1000 can't read the file names in the breaks for beat makers. I know they aren't made purely for the mpc but it would have been cool to have the breaks named in a way that the mpc could read them without having to spend ages editing each individual stem.
Still worth spending the time though!!