New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Slick Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 am
Just wondered if anyone could give me some help connecting my equipment. I currently have 2xTechnics 1200's, Numark DM200X mixer, Goodmans amp and an Akai MPC 2500. I've purchased the relevent leads I need (phono to jack) but can't connect it correctly it seems.

My current set up is:

Decks > DJ Mixer > Tape Record [In] on Amp

Now I've added the MPC it looks like this:

Decks > DJ Mixer > MPC [Record In] - MPC [Stereo Out] > Tape Record [In] on Amp.

The problem is that now have no sound. Just wondered if I'd connected things properly and if there are any settings I have to change on the MPC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By SimonInAustralia Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:42 pm
Slick wrote:Decks > DJ Mixer > MPC [Record In] - MPC [Stereo Out] > Tape Record [In] on Amp.

The problem is that now have no sound. Just wondered if I'd connected things properly and if there are any settings I have to change on the MPC?

MPC2500 Operator's Manual, page 94, wrote:Input Thru function

The MPC2500 can mix the incoming signal from REC IN or DIGITAL IN with the play back sound from the MPC2500. You can also route the Input Thru signal to the internal Effects and two (2) Filters. You can control the level, pan, the cut off frequency, the resonance, etc of incoming signal with the Q-Link sliders and knobs.