New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By svinepelz Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:49 pm
Hi

Just bought myself a MPC 1000, and went about getting JJOS 1. After installing, I don't get sound from any samples. Can't find any help online, so I hope anyone have some tips for me.

The version i updated to was 5.00. I haven't added a password yet, as I can't find the productID.. Mode+Pad3 issupposed to show it, but it just opens the save screen for me. If anyone could tell me about that too, that would be nice.

EDIT: I played around with it before I updated, and there was sound then, if anyone was woundering.

-Svine
By Bugfix Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm
svinepelz wrote:The version i updated to was 5.00. I haven't added a password yet, as I can't find the productID.. Mode+Pad3 issupposed to show it, but it just opens the save screen for me.

Previous owner already bought this OS. Passwords are saved within the unit. Check other OS like os2xl, maybe it also has a password for it :mrgreen:

As far as "not getting a sound" you did smth wrong, it has nothing to do with OS. Check mode 10: pad to internal sound > supposed to be ON.
By svinepelz Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:12 am
The free jjos was on the machine when I got it.

I'll check that out though :)
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm
Bugfix wrote:Previous owner already bought this OS. Passwords are saved within the unit. Check other OS like os2xl, maybe it also has a password for it :mrgreen:

Would be like Christmas come early if it has :mrgreen:
By svinepelz Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 pm
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:
Bugfix wrote:Previous owner already bought this OS. Passwords are saved within the unit. Check other OS like os2xl, maybe it also has a password for it :mrgreen:

Would be like Christmas come early if it has :mrgreen:

I can actually save and everything, so that seems to be the case :mrgreen:

I found out what caused the sound problem tho.. I used 24bit wav samples.. So yeah, thanks for replys though :)