New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Snowstee Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:15 pm
Hey everybody,

Sorry if this has already been answered everywhere on this forum, but I struggled to find a really convincing answer.
I want to buy myself a new MPC1000 Black, and I was wondering whether it was advisable to do it via mpcstuff.com or not.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated ! :worthy:
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm
Mpcstuff is a legit company used by many people here on the forum to buy second hand and new parts for various mpcs in the Akai range. Also I believe that any samplers sold by Mike at Mpcstuff come with a warranty (not sure how long the warranty is). Best bet would be to phone or email Mike and ask him about the warranty and any other questions or quires you may have.
By Snowstee Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm
Michael from mpcstuff just told me they don't sell new ones anymore, so would you recommend buying a refurbished one from them ? Or, would you recommend another place to buy a new one ? I can't really find any.

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions !
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm
Sorry Snowstee forgot to say in my original reply that you will have a hard job finding a brand new one as there are now discontinued. I would recommenced checking out places like ebay, craigslist etc as you can pick up a 1000 with 128mb ram upgrade, hdd and JJOS for a decent price depending on your budget.

Also if it is the blue and red version or an early version of the black model then make sure it has the pad upgrade, otherwise it going to cost nearly 200 bucks to get it upgraded.

But at the end of the day it's initially your decision whether you want to play the waiting game and get one at a reasonable price on ebay, craigslist etc or get a refurbished from mpcstuff :smoker:
By Clint Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 am
If this is your first MPC, buy from a place where you have some sort of warranty or right to return if faulty. Craigslist is not the best place, unless you can test all the main functions pre-purchase. Ebay buyer protection provides some reassurance in that regard.

MPCStuff is legit, I'm not sure how their prices compare with the ebay marketplace.
By damien907 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:38 am
dont worry about buying a used one, thats pretty much what all of them are now, since they have been discontinued. mpc stuff is legit, but will probably cost a bit more than craigslist or ebay, although you can rest assured that you will be able to take it back if something goes wrong.

if you dont know how to test all the functions yet, i might go with mpc stuff over craigslist.

hope that helps!

i would only get one with jjos2xl, an internal HD, and the 128 mb RAM upgrade already installed, so you can just plug it in and get to sampling when you get it.