New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By THE ADVERSARY Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:2500 /w jjos

This is your best bet.

The 1k pads are fine once they have been upgraded and they (2500/1k) share OS features but the 2500 is more like the improved 2kxl.

Whatever you do don't let price be your deciding factor and don't let eBay be your price point of reference.
By TeetsWenger Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 pm
THE ADVERSARY wrote:
Lampdog wrote:2500 /w jjos

This is your best bet.

The 1k pads are fine once they have been upgraded and they (2500/1k) share OS features but the 2500 is more like the improved 2kxl.

Whatever you do don't let price be your deciding factor and don't let eBay be your price point of reference.

I saw mpc stuff.com has some decently priced units. Where else should I be looking? Guitar center also has some used ones from time to time.
By THE ADVERSARY Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 pm
TeetsWenger wrote:

I saw mpc stuff.com has some decently priced units.

No they don't.

The problem with eBay is there's always people willing to pay too much for something so people see prices that are higher than they should be.
The better you know how to shop eBay the better prices you find.

If you are in the US, you probably have lots of local places with MPC that you don't see.