New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By JPalomino Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 pm
Hey everyone ! I'm brand new to the forums. I decided to join because I've been thinking for a while about moving away from computers to make music. I finally joined because my computer is finally gone ! It literally just stopped working and I've been getting increasingly frustrated when I wake up and want to make music and my computer crashes or needs to update etc. I love maschine but it's literally worthless if I don't have a computer. I want to wake up and make music whenever I want with no hassles.
I was wondering what MPC would be a good start for me ? remember I wont have a computer which shouldn't be a problem for MPC.
Any tips on what to look for ? What do you own and what is your favorite ? Anything you can inform me on to help ! I really wanna join the MPC club :P I appreciate any help and thank you for reading
By Bugfix Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:22 pm
I want to wake up and make music whenever I want with no hassles.

I was wondering what MPC would be a good start for me ? remember I wont have a computer which shouldn't be a problem for MPC.

really? any and none if you ask, who knows what's good for ya :Sigh:
at least say how much $$$ you got and do you have opportunities vs living on a desert :lol: as all MPCs that you ask are second hand
Last edited by Bugfix on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JPalomino Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 pm
Lol
Ok i understand why strangers wont know what is best for me.
What I mean is does it really matter which machine I buy? Maybe a certain one is more difficult to learn than the other? Like i said, my knowledge of MPC is little.
I have about 5-600 to spend. Ive been looking on ebay, they seem to be cheaper than that. And what do you mean by opportunities ?
Thanks !
By Clint Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:00 pm
JPalomino wrote:And what do you mean by opportunities ?

Do you live in a big city, or are you isolated?

Are there shops nearby selling new and used gear, or must you rely on the Internet?

Do you know people with an MPC you could try out, or are your mates into other stuff?

Well, I think that's kinda what he means...
By SILIS101 Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm
Lamp and Bugfix are here to guide you. LISTEN TO THEM.
1000/2500 w/ JJOS.

If you are buying USED there are many threads you can search on these forums to guide you. Pad sensor upgrades, RAM, Tact switch issues... etc...
Do your research before you buy USED because you might end up paying more later.
MPCSTUFF.COM will have the parts you need if you need upgrades or replacement parts.