New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By reamsone Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Hey all, :-D
I'm completely new to the forum and MPC's.
it's been a small dream of mine to own an mpc and make music and about a week ago I finally decided on what mpc I wanted to start of with.
I went of with the mpc 1k. Second hand fully refurbished unit with original manual and power cord.
since I'm very new I'll be getting mpc tutor's tutorial book. I've seen it comes highly recommended.

Skyscraper thick pads and blue lcd screen
Blacked out 1k featuring my xbox one controller. Lol. :lol:

may seem like a stupid question but where do I get sample kits? I got a memory card with some kits but they aren't too my liking.

sorry admins/mods wasn't too sure where to chuck this thread.
By Lampdog Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:20 am
Manually sample into mpc

or

mpc-samples, 4th white button up top. Very high quality samples imo.
By reamsone Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 am
Lampdog wrote:Manually sample into mpc

or

Ha! Sampling into the mpc is not for a while mate.
I'm talking about mpc samples. Unfortunately my mpc is second hand and I think the samples are no longer there. The samples I have on the card are poo.
By reamsone Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:42 am
Lampdog wrote:, 4th white button up top. .

You're not talking about the pad banks are you? :hmmm:
By reamsone Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:02 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:4th button from left at the top of the forum page, labelled MPC-Samples. ^^^^

Champ, thanks simon.
By pituchez Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 am
reamsone wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Manually sample into mpc

or

Ha! Sampling into the mpc is not for a while mate.
I'm talking about mpc samples. Unfortunately my mpc is second hand and I think the samples are no longer there. The samples I have on the card are poo.

lols at the "owning mpc was a lil dream of mine"
cool though

and why dont you sample sounds you want into the mpc? whats wrong with that?
By Clint Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:32 pm
pituchez wrote:and why dont you sample sounds you want into the mpc? whats wrong with that?

Lot's of amateur and professional producers use commercial samplepacks or sound libraries at some point, for various reasons. Maybe it's convenient, maybe the sounds are good, maybe sample sources are limited, maybe they want to do what they like with their instrument. Sites like mpc-samples.com exist for good reason.

Whats wrong with that?