New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By NLAlston Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 pm
Fired my MPC Studio/laptop up, after finally getting some time to devote to it. This time, I WAS able to get some tracks recorded but, at the same time, was made to see that I have a whole lot to learn. I kinda knew that this might be the case, from the start, so I ain't mad :-D . But there a couple of problems that I hope can be countered.

1). I found that I cannot make incremental changes in the volume setting of the software's metronome. It is either the max setting - which is its default, or absolute minus. There is NO WAY that I can select any degree in between. In fact, to even raise it back to its default, a whole new program would have to be called up. The very same thing, mind you, happens with the Studio's recording level (virtual) knob. Any attempted change, in it's setting, would send it to the extreme left. I hope that it isn't to be something wrong with my device.

2). I have also encountered issues where my mouse pointer would vanish, whenever attempts to navigate throughout the MPC software screen was initiated. The pointer could be seen at the very top of my monitor's screen (task bar), and also at the lower, horizontal bar of said screen. Anywhere else, though, and the pointer totally disappears. Recipe for correcting that? Restarting the laptop, and firing the software back up.

Any ideas on what might be going on with these issues?
By Ill-Green Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 am
I hate that metronome. Its so empty and abysmal that I just want to catch the **** thing in my hand and crush the ****.

Fortunately you can replace the metronome with a oneshot sample or maybe in your case, a subtile sample. On a hardware we would sequence a pattern but it should be a standard feature on the MPC software.

Maybe someone can chime in.
By NLAlston Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:34 am
I ONLY use the metronome on my first (drum) track. After that (at least, for me) it is needless. However, my issue is not with the tonality of the metronome - but with its volume. I would love to be able to minimize it. How can THAT be done?
By T-Funk Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:45 am
The metronome volume dial is located next to the CPU meter on the Transport Section.
By NLAlston Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm
T-Funk wrote:The metronome volume dial is located next to the CPU meter on the Transport Section.

Yes, of that I am aware. My issue, though, is that I cannot change the output level of the metronome. The same issue applies to the recording level knob. They default to an extreme right max position. When a degree-change is attempted, to lower the level of either one, the line indicators would jump to the extreme left-side position, which (as would be expected) completely shuts out any volume at all.