New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Sinewave Dragon Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:59 pm
Hi,

I have my MPC 1000 (no JJ) hooked up to the Volca keys via midi. I'm trying to play pads over the programed sequences I've created in song mode. Some of the sequences have midi information that the Volca plays. On these particular sequences if I want to play additional manual drum pads over it it ends up triggering both the midi note on the Volca and the internal drum sound. When I go to the main screen for the sequence and play the individual sequence by itself, I can get it to do what I want by changing tracks, but even if I save it that way and return to Song Mode, it goes back to playing both at the same time.

Is it at all possible to still have it play the programmed midi notes and be able to play the drum pads while in song mode?

thanks!
By Sinewave Dragon Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 am
I've tried this and it's still triggering the volca manually for some reason. If I switch the track to the drum pattern then it works correctly. It seems like I have to have the track that doesn't contain midi information open in the Main screen in order for it to allow me to only play the drum pads. When I go into Song mode, it seems to know this and acts universally on the same track....so for example if in one sequence my midi info is on track 1 but in another it's on track 2, I won't be able to play the pads while these sequences are playing (whichever happens to be selected last). Sorry this is very hard to explain. Basically it seems like I should have chosen one consistent track to use for all midi info, unless there's some other way to do it.

any thoughts?
By Bugfix Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 am
Sinewave Dragon wrote:any thoughts?

yah, you basically have to keep in mind that no matter which sequence you use, you got to have same program for each corresponding track or use Program Changes. Song mode use reference from 1st sequence. If you have other program on the same track it will do change it. Clear?