New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By johnthedon Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 am
Begginer Question: choosing the right music hardware for production

whats going on guys, I'm leaving this post to see if anyone can give me some advice on hardware like MPC or NI machine.
to help you guys figure out my situation. I've been making beats for a year now and just started getting the hang of making full beats. when i first started production i jumped straight to MPC studio thats right straight up o to 100. made a descent chopped sample but felt frustrated, quit and sold it. eventually i picked up fl studio and have been making some clean tracks. as of now i feel like I'm more of a sample based individual with making beats and i think hardware is my best choice with a little compatibility. however, i bought a MPC 500 and have been trying to understand it a month and 2 weeks in now and production is too slow for me and not as user friendly was i thought. should i go ahead and try mpc2000xl i heard that it is easy to use but not compatible with computer. or should i get a NI maschine groove. honestly I'm up for anything at this point or whatever you guys suggest. at this point i just can't handle the bounce from then to dilemma. thanks a lot :-D

i just want to make beats forever i just wan a be who i am lol. mini bar for you boys
By marrelarre Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 am
Well it kinda comes down to how much gear you want to have. A 2000XL to me isnt a standalone unit, it goes best with some other gear such as a mixer.

If you want to do the analog way and minimize the use of your computer i would suggest a 1000 or a 2500 with the JJOS (a modded OS). These two machines have more specs than the 2kxl and therefor are more standalone.

If you dont mind computers it seems like maschine has a lot of followers who swear by it (ive never used one myself).

also if you enjoyed the MPC studio - why dont go back to that?
By mastasteez Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:13 pm
Sounds like you prefer the software route so I'd recommend Maschine as you got the hardware and software integration. I Started with a 500, rocked it for a year and a bit and then made the decision to get Maschine. Best thing I ever did for me personally. I wish I still had the 500 cos sometimes I just wanna mess about with a box and some samples on my sofa and this ain't possible with Maschine.

That new Maschine Studio looks dope. Do it.
By Ill-Green Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:34 am
The 500 is like any other MPC. You only limit yourself if you go the 2000XL route and parts hard to come by. The 500 is like 4 2000s in one but without the 8 outputs. Its really simple once you figure out the Akai school of thought. Its something like FL but without the screen lol!
By pituchez Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:16 pm
my first mpc ever or anhthing having to do with music is mpc ren. s i would suggest getting one now. or maschine i guess if you want.

anyways **** an older mpc. shits wack.
you gots tah hook em up to to audio interface blah blah blah....

mpc/maschine would be g00d for you in my opinion because its new and there is a decent amount of information out there. you can get the mpe ren bible from mpc tutor on this site which will help you a lot. also tutorial videos on youtube and shit..and this forum is pretty helpful too so you could learn from that.

pluz mpc ren is gona continue getting updates and updates and its just gona keep getting better and better. pluz price dropped to 699 recently if im not mistaken.