New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Jmac Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:06 pm
hey guys im new here and i also just recently got an mpc 500 and i was wondering if any of you could help me out because my beat sounds so bland and boring and im not sure what else i should add. heres my beat
By mastasteez Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:26 pm
More drums would be a good start and a faster tempo. it's a cool sample but needs changing up and some bass. Get some hi hats in there too. Keep at it though.
By medearis Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 pm
That flute sample is the bee's knees. Tighten the drums up! And don't be afraid to use the master out compression/EQ from the MPC, that could really help gel the drums with the sample. Don't under estimate small gain reductions (usually my master buss gets -1/-2/-3 dB reduction just to tighten the layers up).

Just keep at it.

"crawling can be beautiful
it sure beats standing still
crawling on your hands and knees
takes self-control and skill."
By Ill-Green Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:23 am
Perhaps you should have posted in the music forum. But yeah I agree with the rest. The whole form is dope and on point. Its your choice of drum pattern going on that needs more action. It can still sound your style if you think big with your drums. Welcome to the forums scumbag.
By abc Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 am
mastasteez wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Welcome to the forums scumbag.

:lol: :lol:

Be sure to post up round 2 when you're ready.

:lol: Rolling
By Jmac Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 am
abc wrote:
mastasteez wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Welcome to the forums scumbag.

:lol: :lol:

Be sure to post up round 2 when you're ready.

:lol: Rolling

i dont get it whats funny??
By mastasteez Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 pm
I was laughing because Mr Ill Green said welcome to the forums scumbag. I then meant for you to post up your track once you've revisited it using the feedback provided.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what abc meant with 'rolling'.
By marrelarre Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:25 pm
With tighter (more on beat beat) drums and a hihat youre a big step on the way, also I would look into adding a bassline, there are many different methods for doing this.

And when youre adding more drums keep in mind - theres a fine line between funky and crowded (less is more).

as previously stated, welcome and let us hear what you come up with! :nod:
By pituchez Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:19 pm
yo shon

that beat mos def has potential

really like the flute

i can see this being a dope beat if you add a sick bass.

the tempo/drums are ok.. a bit "minimal" but the bass will help out. and if you still feel the drums need more help then add open/close high hats.

really like that clicking shti you added too. or shoe tapping or what ever the **** it is.

so yes add bass and that should do the trick..

atleast for now while ou are still starting and start to get more technical/creative
By Jmac Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 am
pituchez wrote:yo shon

that beat mos def has potential

really like the flute

i can see this being a dope beat if you add a sick bass.

the tempo/drums are ok.. a bit "minimal" but the bass will help out. and if you still feel the drums need more help then add open/close high hats.

really like that clicking shti you added too. or shoe tapping or what ever the **** it is.

so yes add bass and that should do the trick..

atleast for now while ou are still starting and start to get more technical/creative

Thanks for your help man appriciate it. And that clicking is actually a can of soda being opened haha
By pituchez Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:46 am
ahhh

nice..**** yesh..
you recorded that can of soda your self?

nist..post again once you upgrade teh beat..i gots u on soundcloud anyways