New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By blurpee Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:04 pm
Hey everybody, new to the forum. Hope you can help me. I have an s1100 and s3000 that work fine. I was thinking of selling my s3000 because I rarely use it but the screen in my s1100 has the better backlight. So I thought I would just switch the the screens no problem. Well, the s1100 works fine with the swap but the s3000 shows no text, just a bright backlight. I thought something happened to the screen so I put it back in the s1100 and it works fine. What???!! But here's the crazy part- now the original screen in the s3000 is doing the same thing!! No text just backlight!

Can someone please explain what could have happened? I'm stumped!! :WTF:
By blurpee Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 am
i know right? should've just let the next person change the backlight. :oops:

i was hoping it was maybe something i could check like a busted resistor or cap.
By blurpee Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:19 am
Contacted MisterWhite who told me it was the resistor next to the lcd connector that was busted. Ordered some from Amazon, put the new one in and I'm back in business!! :nod:

Thanks again MisterWhite!

You need a 33 ohm fusible type resistor