New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By BoyOfVirtue Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm
messiahmarco wrote:so i found a sample and i just want it to keep looping. i want it to be heard through out the whole song so i can just add other beats to it. also i use the mpc ren.

depending on how long the sample is, you'll need to trigger accordingly.

For instance, if it's a 2-beat sample, you'll need to record your sequence to have it play every 1 & 3 of measure. If it's a 2 bar sample, you'll need to play your sample on the 1 of every second measure.

No offense, but your questions seem very basic. Have you read the manual for your device? There's a lot of good stuff in there that will get you on the right track faster than having to come here for every question.
By messiahmarco Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 pm
BoyOfVirtue wrote:
messiahmarco wrote:so i found a sample and i just want it to keep looping. i want it to be heard through out the whole song so i can just add other beats to it. also i use the mpc ren.

depending on how long the sample is, you'll need to trigger accordingly.

For instance, if it's a 2-beat sample, you'll need to record your sequence to have it play every 1 & 3 of measure. If it's a 2 bar sample, you'll need to play your sample on the 1 of every second measure.

No offense, but your questions seem very basic. Have you read the manual for your device? There's a lot of good stuff in there that will get you on the right track faster than having to come here for every question.

thanks for your help guess ill have to read the manual.
By BoyOfVirtue Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:15 am
messiahmarco wrote:thanks for your help guess ill have to read the manual.

Reading my response again, I'm not quite sure what I was smoking haha so I'll give you a more thorough answer. Forgive the vagueness as I'm not familiar with the renaissance.

1) Find your sample and assign it to a pad/program
2) Set your bpm
3) Determine the number of bars you would like your sequence to be...most likely some multiple of 2
4) Figure out how many bars your sample will occupy. For example, if your beat will be set at 60bpm and the sample is 8 seconds long, it is a 2-bar loop and will need to be triggered at the beginning of every other bar. If your beat is 120bpm and the sample is 1 second long, it is a 1/2-bar loop, and will need to be triggered twice in one bar. Don't worry too much about how many seconds long the sample is, this is just as an example.
5) Press "play" & "record" simultaneously and hit the pad at the point in your sequence where you would like the sample to play.
6) Once you have finished this, playing your sequence will now play your sample back on loop

If you really are asking what I think you're asking, its difficult to answer because it's such basic part of creating. I hope my directions help, but reading the manual really would be a quicker way of getting started.

I don't want to sound like a shill, but the tutorials available on this site are fantastic. With the example sound files provided they got me up to speed and making beats within a couple of days....that would be the quickest way to get going, but the Akai manual is nothing to sneeze at either.

Good luck!