New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By mpc_60_wales Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:17 pm
Looking at getting a Boss RC-505 so I can loop various synth parts (korg poly 61) such as bass/pads/chords etc whilst the MPC is taking care of beats...This keeps things computer free during composition and could be very quick at laying stuff down and getting ideas. My question is - would the MPC (60) be able to trigger the RC 505 to play a loop? I love the idea of being in song mode and trigger various loops via midi between the 60 to the RC505. Is it possible? Has anyone had similar success with other pedals?
By marrelarre Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am
mpc_60_wales wrote:Looking at getting a Boss RC-505 so I can loop various synth parts (korg poly 61) such as bass/pads/chords etc whilst the MPC is taking care of beats...This keeps things computer free during composition and could be very quick at laying stuff down and getting ideas. My question is - would the MPC (60) be able to trigger the RC 505 to play a loop? I love the idea of being in song mode and trigger various loops via midi between the 60 to the RC505. Is it possible? Has anyone had similar success with other pedals?

Not familiar with RC505 but the MPC60 has midi out so if the RC505 has a MIDI in i cant see why it wouldnt work :nod:
By terry towelling Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:04 am
you don't need the boss thing. the mpc will do everythng you want (and more). loop the korg stuff up the mpc. reocrd it as mido first, edit that till it's right, then sample inot mpc. assign to pad and you;re good to go.
or just sample individual notes from the korg and play them on the pads.