New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By AirBeatz Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 am
So I just purchased an MPK Mini, im relatively new to beat making and I didn't want to go and spend hundreds on an MPC when I'm still learning all the technical stuff.

Anyways, I have some very stupid questions which I can't seem to find the answers to anwhere.

1. When I open the editor for the MPK, there are 4 presets. Which one of these is active? Or how do I select the one I want to use?

2. There are different notes I can assign to each pad, so does that mean that if for example, I drag a kick from FL Studio onto the pad, it will play on that note? Do I need to search up what the basic notes for kicks, snares, hats etc are?
By gripz Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 am
you have the mkii? http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpk-mini-mkii#downloads

the software should be on that page.. midi keyboards can be a **** to get working though, just goto the FL midi options and enable midi control somewhere, and use the keys/pads to play synths.

but to get the pads working you probably will have to load your samples and shit into a sampler vst like the builtin FPC plugin. drag your samples onto the FPC pads.

i would hit up youtube if i were you.