New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Jim The Hat Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:02 am
Welcome to my world lol. Sucks as soon as I get the cf card installed I can get this tutorial and go through the whole thing. Just sucks man, I opened a thread about the Zip drive a few days ago. It's to bad there wasn't a way that the cf card reader could do it. But themselves the breaks gotta wait till I get this 512kb OS on a disk.
By richie Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:01 am
I don't mean to worry you man, I'm just not 100% sure that the Startech will work on 1.2.
By Jim The Hat Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 am
So just wanted to stop back by and say I am in love with this. I've used Ableton a bit, reason, fruity loops, , sound forge and acid pro some of these were at the infancy stage. I also have owned two electribes, mc-909 novation launchpad and a m-audio keyboard most of these were back around 1999-2003 during college years.

MPC < everything it's just amazingly simple, yes it lacks a lot of shit but for what it is. Amazing I'm having way more fun making house beats on this and am getting better sound where my roland mc-909 couldn't produce low end to save it's life I feel my bass lines with the xl unreal. Everyone says it really was the samplers back then I thought it was hype. Boy was I wrong. I'm shocked I bought the dvd for the roland and put 100 hours and my tracks are way better on the MPC it just makes you
Work in a very primitive way with sounds and it's not the general idea of let's make this sound like I want in my head but what fun I can have with cool sounds I find on the fly. Unreal fun