New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Vampsone Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:41 am
So I went on tour for 10 days and had my MPC 2000 studio off the whole time. Usually I set sample time to 40 seconds so it will eventually let me know when I can't sample more than 35 after I've sampled a bunch. Now it won't sample more than 10.9 seconds on stereo. Did my extra internal memory become jostled loose? Or is this something with my Zip disk? Any thoughts? There's nothing on my mpc at the moment.
By richie Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 am
Honestly, it would make more sense for you to spend a few minutes to open and check that everything is good internally man.

Ram doesn't just fall out easy but rule of thumb would be to actually check.
By *Pilchard* Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:21 am
10.9 seconds is the exact (stereo) time the internal ram gives you when the extra ram is not installed. So yes you will have to open it up and check what has happened.Just re-seating or reinstalling the ram may be enough, or if the ram has gone bad (as it sometimes does) you may have to replace it.
Check the manual for how to take it apart as it's a little complicated on that model (but not hard).

:mrgreen: