New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By medearis Wed May 06, 2015 5:26 pm
Hey Darxx..

You have left quite a bit of information out of your post so, here goes.

Take the four assignable outputs + the main stereo outs from your MPC 1000 and plug them into the inputs on interface.

Open DAW and create tracks (with their inputs assigned as you have them on your hardware, you need to setup which output each sound/sample will use inside your MPC).

You can sync your MPC and DAW together if you want to keep everything on the grid for easy edits after you track. I think Tutor has posted before how to get Logic in-sync with your MPC (or otherway around).

For starters, but this will get you what you're looking for or round-abouts.
Let me know if this helps.
By terry towelling Thu May 07, 2015 10:32 am
if you don't have an audio interface, you can save your sequences as wav files on the mpc then drag and drop them via usb from the mpc into logic. it's a simple procedure.
just solo each track then...
Press MODE+PAD5, in the field at top, scroll with the data wheel to MAIN OUT, press F6 (record), and then press PLAY START. when your song or sequence is done playing, press F6 (stop) and then name your sample, press F5 (keep).

place a bar of claps at the beginning of your sequence and use those to line your tracks up in logic so they are all in synch.
By terry towelling Fri May 08, 2015 9:25 am
nice tip with using the count in.

drax, i just looked at your video. given you've have other pieces of external gear, you'd definitely want to get an audio interface.
how is the Roland JD-Xi synth?
By Darxxxenius Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:51 am
Thanks a bunch one and all for your kind and helpful guidance. :worthy:

Hey Terry,

The JD-Xi is good. There are a few niggles for some people but for jamming and getting ideas down it is spot on. The filter doesn't automatically catch on to its last place when swept, however this is accountable with practice at home. Another forum says that when playing live with other external influences and there could be egg on your face. And nobody wants that!

Overall pal, the sounds are terrific, the onboard effects are great, the two super natural synths pack real punch, the drum kits are great (although no swing option), and the analogue is nice to have although it doesn't cut through and seems to lack presence when all four layers are mixed together.

Thanks again everybody, I took the plunge and got Ableton in the end since I have many effects plugins to utilise. I used Logic Pro X and completed this EP https://soundcloud.com/philokrynx/sets/ ... orld-parts which helped me kinda cut my teeth with the mixing process but when I tried to hook up all my gear and record it into Logic I experienced a lot of hurdles.

Thank you