New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Wallace Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 am
Hi there,

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this topic.

I picked up the book "Beat Making ....2k xl" and I think a good few of you guys may have read it yourselves. So I ask you this, seeing as I have no facility to transfer the tutorial files into the mpc, is it advisable to just sample the files into the machine?

I only have a zip drive installed in the machine. I have an iMac, however, it is without zip drive. I have only read the first few sections of the book and I have hit a road block, being unable to get the files in the machine.

Any advice? :smoker:

Thanks
By Wallace Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:You need to grab yourself a USB zip drive for your Mac. e.g

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Iomega-Zip-2 ... 33a2d38866

TBH I'd say it's essential to have some way of transferring files back and forth between your MPC and computer - i.e. backups, using samples downloaded off the internet etc.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have considered buying one of those. I fully expect that it would be used for the tutorial only. My plan is to sample everything from my record collection. I may just have to pony up the cash.

edit: Do you think that 250MB drive will work with my 100MB disks?
By mr_debauch Mon May 18, 2015 5:44 pm
however... i would suggest getting a CF memory card reader for the mpc and the imac instead.

the total cost would be under 20 dollars for that and a card to go with it... or if you are looking for a nicer looking card reader for the mpc they can go up to 50 or even 100 dollars.