New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Crackdoe Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:56 pm
Hello!
I do my beats sampling vinyl to my Maschine on my computer but since i got the s900 i wanna get that downsampling before it hits the harddrive on the computer.

Is it possible to just run the signal through the s900 to get the 12bit or do i have to record from a source to the s900 and then record from it to the PC?

If i have to record to the s900 first, do i really need a floppydisk? I mean im not gonna do nothing else on it except to get that grittynes. I still gonna use the Maschine as my workhorse.

Best regards!
By Ill-Green Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:02 pm
Best way to get that grittyness is to have the Maschine sample from the S900. In the same way you sample records or CDs into the Maschine, thats how its done. Not sure if you get that grit from transfering the floppies because that is a digital to digital transfer. The grit you hear from the S900 is coming from the converters of its outputs which analog to digital transfer, thats what you want. Simply sample it via audio cables.
By Crackdoe Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:50 pm
Sorry if i wasnt being clear, i was meaning that i dont have a floppydiskreader and i was wondering if i need a floopydisk to sample on to the s900.
Or even better if i can run it trough it without recording it on to the s900.
By richie Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:11 am
Crackdoe wrote:Sorry if i wasnt being clear, i was meaning that i dont have a floppydiskreader and i was wondering if i need a floopydisk to sample on to the s900.
Or even better if i can run it trough it without recording it on to the s900.

You cannot use the S900 as a real time bit crusher.

You can sample in to it without a disk, play it back and sample it in to your computer.