New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By monyb22 Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:45 am
So i'm still feeling out my MPC studio and haven't quite mastered all the concepts. I'm accustom to just using a DAW with a midi interface and a external device(roland fantom). So I have my laptop, roland, MPC, monitor and audio midi interface. Do i need a mixer to use my monitors or can i just use the audio interface? Looking at the manual it seems that I would need one but I would think that my audio interface(m-audio) would have that capability. Thanks
By selecta jo Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:08 pm
if you would tell us what model of the big range of m-audio interfaces and what monitors you have we can help you better.

almost every audiointerface has a main out (l+r or 1+2) on the back side that you can hook your monitors to, if the monitors are active.
if the monitors are passive and have an extra amp, then you would connect that main out from the interface to an line input on the amplifier.

peace, jo