New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By tryp9 Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm
Hey y'all,
I'm just getting into beatmaking after years of rocking and rolling on various instruments. I started with a few apps like BeatMaker 2, and just bought an MPD26 hoping to move over to a desktop DAW setup. I downloaded the Ableton Live demo and, of course, was immediately overwhelmed. I'm hoping to find some program or plug-in that will let me chop, finger drum, and sequence as simply as I can on BeatMaker, and maybe learn to use something like Ableton to mix and master after I've sketched out a rough track. Sorry if this is a dumb question with an easy to find answer- brand new to digital music and already in over my head. Already learned a bunch from y'all, so thanks for sharing your knowledge.
By T-Virus Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 am
Keep it up with Ableton it will pay off. Watch tons of tutorials, there are a ton online. Ableton is deep but very user friendly,it is fantastic for cutting up samples, finger drumming, and sequencing. And there are lots of free racks and templates out there that can get you going. Just sit down and spend some time and it will start to make some sense. Good luck.