New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By funkdocta Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:57 pm
So I recently purchased the MPC2000, and I am in love with her.

I also purchased the beginner e-book "Beat Making On The MPC2000XL" which has been very helpful.

However, I can't figure out how to get my sequences or my song as .wav. I only figured out how to get a .all file, however I can't open that file on my PC.

My MPC 2000 uses the hxc floppy emulator.

Thank you in advance.
By funkdocta Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:32 am
Wal Martian wrote:Record the output of your sampler on to your PC. Goldwave/Audacity are free software which allow you to do this. You may need an interface and a cable.

Sorry to ask but, which cables do you suggest?
And there is no loss in audio quality when its being recorded in these softwares?
By Wal Martian Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:46 pm
You will need balanced 1/4" cables from the L and R output of your MPC to the inputs of your computer/audio interface. Quality is determined by the A/D converter and the settings of your project. Generally, a cheap interface will sound worse than an expensive one. There should be no loss of quality, digital converter technology has been around since the 1980's and it has only gotten better.