New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By danbangbang Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:15 pm
Hello all,

Just brought an MPC 1000 after wanting one for many years. Going to expand the sound possibilities in my band. Used to run an MPC midi controller into a laptop but decided to go full hardware after my laptop died.

Only thing that is stopping me from getting going seems to be that the pads are way too sensitive. Even when pressing super light and drawing my fingers back quickly multiple triggers happen. If I'm playing drums it sounds like its being time stretched. I've already reduced the pad velocity to a minimum and can kind of work around it by being careful but given that this is going to be used for live gigs I need to have more confidence that when I press a pad once I am only going to get a sample triggered once.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 pm
The free JJOS has a bug that leads to double triggering on some units (not all of them though). My MPC1000 suffered from this when it had the 'old style' pads, but I haven't noticed it since getting the pad upgrade from MPC Stuff.

Regardless, you can reduce this double triggering by going to OTHER > PAD and experiment with 'pad on level'.

This problem is also not present in any other OS, so another way to avoid is to go back to Akai OS, or try one of the 'paid' JJOS versions - remember they can be installed and trialled for free.

If none of this fixes your problem then that suggests your pads themselves need replacing.