New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By ColinAlexanderD Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:07 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll go anyway.

I'm pretty new to MPC/Digital production and I recently bought the MPC Element kind of on an impulse of how great the price was not having realized how limited the device is since I've been working in Ableton Live with an MPD32 mostly. I've contacted the store from which I got the Element and they're allowing me to exchange it for store credit (sure learned my lesson there about impulsive purchasing.)

The question really is I'm not sure what to turn my credit into. I've been looking at the APC Mini and am wondering how it works for performance which is the main thing I'm going for. I primarily use Live to create full sequenced drum/bass patterns and then run analog synths over top and want to use my MPD to trigger samples. The thing is I'm just not sure what the best setup is and I don't want to spend a fortune trying out different options.

Any help would be phenomenal.