New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SlickWilly Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:24 pm
I recently purchased an mpc1000 and soon realized that I needed to upgrade the RAM memory. I ordered an A-Tech 256 mb ram on Amazon (which had all great reviews, proper specs, etc.) and put it in last night. When I turned back on the mpc the screen loaded with "128 mb downloaded" as expected. But that message just kept flashing and the main screen never loaded. Not sure the issue. Previously to this I downloaded the basic jjos and I'm thinking maybe I need to switch back to the akai is briefly so this will load and then just redone load the jj? If anybody can help solve my issue it would be greatly appreciated.
By electric dragon Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:35 pm
Take great care to prevent any static discharge and reseat the RAM to make sure it has a good connection. If you have the same issue then read over this thread, there should be plenty of info on how to fix this in there: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=141201