New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By dedzyyy Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:11 am
Hello,

I've spotted an MPC 500 going for a good price on eBay. Ends int he next few days.

I've been making some ambient house/techno kinda stuff lately. Influenced by Kiasmos and Stimming.
I have previously been in a indie band using live audio and midi out to synths from Cubasis on iPad mini, but I feel doing (nearly) purely electronic music is going to be a strain on my iPad mini.
I don't want to be taking my macbook pro out with me, so I've been looking at MPCs!

If you guys could tell me about the following, that'd be amazing:

What I want to be doing is putting pre made beats on the MPC using samples I've already recorded, ideally. If this is not possible I can cope with loading in individual samples and playing with them on the fly, but the changes in my beats can get pretty complex.
I don't want to be step sequencing in beats for every track!

I also want to be able to go from one track to the next without waiting for things to load. Also, some of the tracks are different BPMs... Is this possible?

On top of this I want to have pre programmed midi going out to a Little Phatty, MS2000 and a stage piano.
How does one go about programming/importing midi??

Thanks for your help!
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 am
that is gonna take a long time to answer... so im just gonna say mpc4000
By dedzyyy Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:33 am
Haha, sweet.

Just had a look and I really can't be spending nearly a grand (uk monies) on anything.

My main concern is going from one track with a set of sounds to the next with a different set of sounds.

You see these guys playing live sets and they make it look so easy!