New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Jay Cord Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 pm
Hello everyone,

I made a song; intro, chorus, verse etc... was able to save all but I am having trouble recording it on to garage band through the headphone jack. what other options do I have for sending the signal to my computer? I have a dj mixer, turntable, mac book and my mpc 2000xl. Help please! I would love to share what I made with my friends out in Spain. thank you
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 pm
Well, from what you wrote and what I read, you can't pass signal through the headphone jack. Unless you mean, you are tracking out through the headphone out of the MPC?

You should be connecting the MPC to the MIC input of your laptop, not the headphone or you will hear nothing.

Most producers have an audio interface to transfer sounds from the MPC to software programs like Garage. Some are cheap but usable and some are expensive but Godsent. Do a little research, but in my experience and budget, I like the Tascam audio interfaces, they are cheap and gets to the point. Some small and some rack sized, like I said research the one fits you.
By Jay Cord Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 am
I have my 1/4 to headphone cables from my stereo out from mpc to my microphone input on my mac book. Should it not receive at least some kind of sound? sorry to sound like such an idiot. I am not grasping why this would not work. I want to record to garage band and then save it as an mp3 file
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:54 am
Oh, Stereo to Mono is what you doing bro. Then it would be best to use a mono to mono Y cable that will combine both signals into one. I think you don't hear one channel if you using a stereo Y joint because most mic inputs use a single channel mainly the L. Unless your laptop has stereo mic inputs, I would go into the menu and switch it from mono to stereo.

Something like this you'll need. Look at the tips. Notice they all have a single stripe? They're all mono, thats what you need. If any of them has 2 stripes, it is a stereo plug. Your cable might have 2 stripes going into the mic input.