New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By 90'sguy Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:36 pm
Hey Guys

Don't worry I read the corresponding parts of the manual and I couldn't find something useful.
The thing is, once I chop samples or load them onto the pad (I know how to assign them) I can prehear it. I can play them back as long as I'm in the "Load-Window". My problem is, once I leave the Load Window, no sound will come out of my mpc.

I use JJ os.

Can you help me out with that? Maybe it's even a stupid question but I couldn't find any help yet... I would be very thankful :worthy:

Cheers
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:37 pm
Yeah well you not reading it enough. Instead of reading corresponding "parts" of the manual, read it all.

Program Mode is where you set everything. You also can assign samples to the pads after sampling then name the Program later for easier managing. But Programs is where its at, read up on it and how it works, its the vital part of the 2500.

To break it down, Programs is where your sounds are, kinda like banks, but each Program can contain drum kits, samples, and all kinds of sounds to be played like a synth on the pads. You can get simple with it by just filling it with samples for one song or you can get technically complicated with it by dedicating one Program to strictly bass kicks and another Program strictly for snares and another Program for violins etc. because the 2500 can have 64 Programs at once per sequence.

Read up.