New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lorenzo 24th Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:35 am
MPC 2000 I'm trying to make the most of my mpc in my live set, but as a beginner on this machine i don't know the easier, better way to go to. I'm using it mostly to control my external gear, plus i have it synced with ableton. I'd love to have this to work in the smoothest way possible as in "play as just one instrument", NOW MY QUESTION IS: is it possible to make mpc to control ableton to scroll the patterns when the sequence change in the mpc song? or is there a way to play not in song mode (as in changing sequences live from the program instead of tracks??)??? I'll be really greatful if anybody wants to share how he incorporates the mpc in his live setup. THANX!!!
By WASKMUSIC Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 am
i dont know if i understand you right, but one thing is: you can change sequences while the sequencer is playing. just highlight the sequence with the arrow buttons and then scroll to the left or right to change the sequence. you dont have to be in song mode.
By Bellysauce Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:38 pm
I use my MPC 500 two different ways. In one setup it serves as master clock for all of my analog gear as well a master MIDI events controller (i.e. one midi out goes to all of the midi ins of the gear). Second setup, I bounce sequences down, and bring them back in onto a track, set up mute groups. That way I can map the track as a midi note and then do live loop triggering.