New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Gcsadeh Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:17 am
just ordered it 3 days ago on ebay for 600$ pretty much brand new. never had expierence with a mpc before in my life, just wondering what you guys think for getting a 4000 for my first?
By Ian Canefire Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:05 pm
You are going to be very happy.
Were I to do it all over again, this would have been the first item I would have wanted.

To me, all you need is the MPC4000, some sort of place online to get sounds from, and a place to master what you create.

I got mine for a similar price from someone who could not figure it out. It is so easy to learn, so I was shocked to hear that. You are in the right place to learn the little things.

Enjoy,
Peace
Ian
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:05 pm
Well if FL was too complicated for you, get ready to be disappointed.

Should've bought that MPC2500 when you had the chance.
By Gcsadeh Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:05 am
well im sitting here with this beautiful machine in front of me but cant figure out why my ipod headphones wont give me sound from it? there is a regular headphone jack right next to the cd rom drive . and its not working.
By JUKE 179r Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:26 am
The MPC's have no sound until you load samples and play them back.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:40 pm
Gcsadeh wrote:well im sitting here with this beautiful machine in front of me but cant figure out why my ipod headphones wont give me sound from it? there is a regular headphone jack right next to the cd rom drive . and its not working.

The manual. Read it and follow along while pushing buttons and trying out stuff.
If not, frustration will be your best friend 'cause guessing will get you nowhere since cherry's have not been busted yet.

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-manuals/