Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Marky1971 Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:28 pm
Hello all,

I have been getting used to MPC for a while now.

After looking at song sequence I am trying different ways.

I have been trying loading samples to one program. Set up sequences. Then explode for processing effects and such. I then make a unified track mixer. Am I going about it the LONG way do you think? Seems long and can get confusing building the unified track mixer.

Thank you,

Mark
By JayJosh Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:19 pm
That's definitely a longer way. Really unique. I've never thought of this process. Any particular reason why you're doing this? And what do you mean by unified track mixer?
By tonemelle Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:57 pm
You can try sequencing using one sequence if you want. Edit the track through Track View or the Channel Mixer view. There you can choose how ever you want to edit (cut/copy/paste) or automate your tracks through Edit Mode (on the top right corner).

This way pretty much eliminates the use Song Mode and the problems that have been known to come with it.
That's pretty much my method of doing it. Hopefully that makes some sense. It's amazing what years of "work-a-rounds" can lead one's workflow to lol.