New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By CHEAllCaps Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:47 pm
So after ages of thinking about getting into sampling and making beats, I have decided to take a concrete step, so I purchased an MPC mk 2. I did a some research before I bought it in terms of what I could do with it. I figured until I got good I'd just play with the pads and make drum beats but I'm starting to feel a bit out of my element. I understand that no one is born knowing so here I am. As silly as some of these questions are, keep in mind that this is all brand new to me. All I know is MIDI is not the same as audio so I can't just plug some headphones in the mpc and bam!
Some questions I have are
What do I need to actually hear the drum sounds?
Do I need monitors?
Do I need a floppy disk?
Do I need an amplifier?
By CHEAllCaps Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:31 pm
Living Bate wrote:a floppy disk with drum samples on it and a pair of headphones

I haven't worked with floppy disks in forever, do i need to buy floppy disks with samples already on there or can i buy blank ones and add my own sounds?
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm
it is a sampler.. you can record audio right into the machine... trim the excess from the frond and the end of the recording so it only contains what you need to head... and you assign that recording to a pad to play it.

do that with drums, loop sounds, samples, what ever.
By Living Bate Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 pm
CHEAllCaps wrote:
Living Bate wrote:a floppy disk with drum samples on it and a pair of headphones

I haven't worked with floppy disks in forever, do i need to buy floppy disks with samples already on there or can i buy blank ones and add my own sounds?

Bloke, you are a borderline troll . . . you bought a vintage MPC after thinking about it for ages, yet you have no clue about the basic principles :?:
By LUGOD83 Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:29 am
Bloke, you are a borderline troll . . . you bought a vintage MPC after thinking about it for ages, yet you have no clue about the basic principles :?:[/quote]
"Bloke" you're a borderline troll yourself. He clearly stated he knows nothing of this machine, and posted questions in the "starting out" thread. Dont be so pretencious, help the kid or move on