New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By ndaustin Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 am
MPC Touch

When I enter the Pitch Shift function in the Sample Edit Menu the pads are disabled so I cannot hear the sample to be pitch shifted. Is there a setting to enable sample playback when editing the pitch?

And... I'm needing to fine tune the pitch of a sample by less than a semitone... Is there a way of doing this within the MPC software? (Otherwise I'd have to export the file to a sound editor such as Sound Forge.)

If there's no way to achieve this in Version 1.9.7, will these shortcomings be addressed in version 2 software?
By ndaustin Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:41 am
...Well I just discovered that if I press Shift when in the Pitch Shift function, the pitch can be changed by .1 increments rather than in whole numbers (which represent semitones). Not quite the accuracy I was looking for (two decimal places would be better) but nevertheless a welcome relief that I'm not stuck with semitones when trying to fine tune a sample to fit a track.
I have yet find out how I can monitor the sound before committing to the "Do It" function.... The pads are still disabled until the edit has been completed.