New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By modd Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:39 pm
Hello everyone i am stuck between choosing from mpc ren, mpc 1000, mpc 2000xl or mpc studio black.
I currently have an sp-404sx that i use alot more than using my daws lately but im not sure if i want to go hardware or software based. Any advice or a good direction?
By 713_HOU_TX Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:13 pm
It all depends on your work flow. If you can't decided whether you want hardware or software based equipment then it's hard to recommend which MPC would be best for you.

What's your budget? That's will also factor in what machine would be reasonable for you.

Check the comparison forum to determine which MPC might work for you:

viewforum.php?f=24

You can always get a Beat Thang with FL studio and call it a day.
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:36 pm
modd wrote:Hello everyone i am stuck between choosing from mpc ren, mpc 1000, mpc 2000xl or mpc studio black.
I currently have an sp-404sx that i use alot more than using my daws lately but im not sure if i want to go hardware or software based. Any advice or a good direction?

Does it have to be an MPC?
By modd Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 pm
budget is 600 to 950 but i would like to have an mpc i never used one before i want something to gather my ideas faster and add to my workflow. I have a MPK49, SP-404sx and my laptop. I would like to have the functions at my hands so yes has to be mpc i was considering maschine. Also i will be taking this more than likely with me to school to do work and also to the studio when i have my intern. Im looking to get a turntable along the way and an apogee duet. I have a macbook pro so i really cant use FL unless i bootcamp but not really into FL much. Logic Pro, pro x, and Pro tools, also have a copy of ableton. This would be my first MPC ever. But im leaning down to the Ren or 25k
By Ill-Green Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:00 pm
You can get a deal on the MPC Live if you look around, especially if $950 is your max. I managed to get the Live for $1020.00 shipping included. Others have obtained cheaper than me. Thomann offered me $939.00 shipping included for the Live as well but they are in Germany and I don't wanna risk the warranty. It was a tough adventure but if I can do it, you can do it homeslacks. Props to Eyelac for showing me the way, online.