New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By BrokerHenry Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 am
Hello everyone. I need help with my MPC Ren. I purchased the REN 2 years ago while in graduate school in Australia. It is connected to a Stagescape M20d mixer, with two Yamaha HS8 monitors. I have Logic Pro X and the MPC DAW version 1.9.7.1 with the latest drivers. Since I was so busy completing two Masters degrees in Australia, I have only ever had time to play with it for a total of at most two hours since I purchased it, and have never used the Logic Pro X yet. I just now moved to St. Paul, Minnesota and I need help.

The first thing I noticed was some awful crackling sound that only went away if I opened the preferences and changed the sample rate. Then the crackling would go away. But the crackling would come back if I stopped playing 10 seconds after changing the sample rate if I took even a second to look at the MPC DAW. It is maddening!!!

The second thing was that whatever I played never sounded the same on playback. If I played # # # # | # # # # |; on playback, I might hear #. ..#| ..## and a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo. I have turned the time correct on and off, to no effect. I can never get my beats to align perfectly.

I would appreciate help with correcting the issues that I am experiencing. I would also appreciate if someone could tell me if there is a person in the Twin Cities area who could teach me how to get the best out of my gear.

Thank you.

Henry
By Ill-Green Mon May 08, 2017 2:48 am
Don't know much about the Renaissance, but I hear 1.9.6 is the most stable out of all them. Try to get that one. Also, might want to try lowering your buffer just to see if it runs smoother. Do you use MPC software as a plugin inside Logic? Just guessing here, the Ren is its own interface, might be contending against your mac's soundcard.