New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By 6/8 Stanley Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 am
Moved this from MPC 1000 forum where I put it yesterday.

Might get MPC1000. Never used midi or sequencers. I play guitar, rockabilly, blues and learning Afrobeat. Got an old drum machine, a 1986 Korg ddd-1 recently on ebay. Lucked out - it works. It has MIDI. There's better drum machines now but it's so easy there's nothing to think about except the beats. Plan to get a new Monologue synth, mostly for bass lines and brass hits. So I want a sequencer to mix the the synth tracks with the ddd-1's songs and patterns. Would use sampler when I learn to build tracks from phrases and notes, from electric guitar and mbira that I would record with a microphone. Also have an old octopad, might want to add some tracks with that. Don't need any preset rhythm patterns.

Can do? If yes I can figure it out. I think MPC 1000/2500 is more box than I need, better than not enough though.

Stan

P.S. A lot of information here, 90% of it over my head. Maybe I'll have a better question someday.
By 6/8 Stanley Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 am
It's all cool. The previous owner put a bunch of sounds on there so I don't need to download or sample anything to make beats. I have a ton of ideas and there's a lot to discover about the MPC. Haven't had time to do anything recently. Sometimes having your own business means working to midnight every night until the project is done.
At least I get to drink beer at work, though.