New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Brian Sansone Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:43 pm
Im looking for a powerful sequencer to run all my external gear. The mpc's sampling capabilities would be secondary.
I would like the ability to switch midi channels easily during performance.
Channel 1 = yamaha reface, channel 2 = korg volca,
channel 3 = drum machine, etc..etc..

Several midi outs would be great.

The most important need would be being able to sequence parts on the mpc ( sometimes using a midi controller keyboard ) to run all the external gear .

Also , sequencing midi CC automation in the mpc, and sending the CC's out to the different synths would be great. Can mpc's do that?

I'm sure the new mpc has all the functions i'm looking for, but I'm only looking at older mpc's
Thanks!
By vanballen Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:15 am
The MPC 5000 could also work for you.. saves you 1300-1400 dollars.. but I would still get the X for long term use.. :-D
By Living Bate Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am
i dreamed i bought an X last night

i still feel pretty guilty about it now....
By Menco Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:36 pm
If a big colour screen is not a necessity for you I would definately look into the older but bigger MPC’s. 2500, 5000 or maybe even a 2000XL, these all have 4 midi outputs and in combination with the MPC’s midi sequencer are perfect machines to sequence your hardware. They all can change tracks/ midichannels mid-recording, and they all can record CC events.
By Brian Sansone Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 pm
Menco wrote:If a big colour screen is not a necessity for you I would definately look into the older but bigger MPC’s. 2500, 5000 or maybe even a 2000XL, these all have 4 midi outputs and in combination with the MPC’s midi sequencer are perfect machines to sequence your hardware. They all can change tracks/ midichannels mid-recording, and they all can record CC events.

I had been looking at a 5000. because of all the controls, and audio track capability. But......
I have come across several posts complaining about the midi clock. It sounds like a well known issue,
and the clock would be absolutely necessary , as I am looking for a center piece to run everything.
By bees80 Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:00 pm
I've got an MPC live and have 6 other synths/drum machine/etc synced and midi channelled up to it. It only got two midi outs, but i use the midi thru on my other gear. Works like a pony.