New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By ibleeditout916 Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 am
I've tried all sort of different 2.0 and 3.0 multiport adapters and I've got an MPK an MPC and machine mikro that just won't interface and give me the the same reply about battery I hope this isn't a noob question or someone can just link me to a page that can help but I'm really frustrated
By Lampdog Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm
Are you trying to midi your mpc to iphone? Your not explaining your situation in detail.

What do you mean 2.0 and 3.0 adapters? MPC Usb? MPC usb is only used for transfer of data files to/from computer. No audio or control goes through MPC usb. MPC usb shows up on computer just like a digital camera would, that's it, nothing else.

I use this to connect my ipad to mpc/keyboard. Works flawlessly. I can hit pads on mpcand/or keys on kybd and trigger sounds on ipad.

By Tomes Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 am
I know this is a bit old topic, but maybe someone has similar needs for ios device and mpc. Basically get an qudio interface with midi ports and preferably optical in and spdif(optical or spdif can be replaced with audio ofc). If you want to use usb midi keys, you will need an usb hub(likely powered, depending on keys) for ipad as well, its easier to use midi ports, instead of usb. With usb midi, you need to route midi from ipad to mpc and thn back to ipad, with midi ports, you hook keys to mpc midi in and mpc out to ipad/iphone.

So midi from keys > mpc > ipad(and you can add midi out from ios device to midi in of mpc as well, if you want to record CCs from ios synths to mpc or just want to use some ios midi keys/pads for example), then audio fom ipad to mpc(using spdif or ts audio cables). You can also hook mpc out to ipads interface, but you need to turn direct monitoring off and be careful not to create feedback loops inside the system(so that audio out doesent go to audio in and back to out and in and start circulating).

With optical you can get 8 audio outs to your ios device with one cable, so thats handy if you want to do that, and there is no ad and da conversion between devices, so quality is preserved 100%, same with spdif, but that only carries one stereo in or out.

I use Ipad mostly as a sound module now(before i got mpc, i used it for everything), so i dont need audio from mpc to ipad. If i need to do some daw work, track loops to it etc, its not much work to put audio from mpc to ipad instead of ipad to mpc.