New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SCREAMINGIDIOT Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:05 pm
So I had a dabble with making music on my phone partly as an in joke with some friends and partly as a creative outlet and found that making music using samples etc is a process I really got into. A friend advised on the idea of looking into getting a sampler so after looking around and watching tutorial videos the akai MPC1000 looks like the one I want.

I've read elsewhere that older versions have dodgy pads however newer models have this issue solved, how can I tell if the version I'm looking at has the older style pads or newer ones?

Also apparently the default software is shitty but there's another version you can put on it, how do I go about doing that?

Cheers
By starmanwarz Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:21 pm
The 1000 comes in blue and black. Blue is the old version with the crappy pad sensors and black is the newer one with the improved sensor, although I suspect that by now most of the 1000's had their sensors replaced.

The other version is JJOS and it's unofficial but it's far better than the stock OS. There is a demo version you can try but you gotta pay for the full thing.