New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By AdamTalbot111 Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:41 am
Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

My issue is that I cannot find how to separate the drum pads from the keys on my Akai MPK Mini Keyboard in Cubase elements 7. (I.e. The drum pads play a drum kit sounds and the keyboard plays piano sounds).

I have set up the keyboard so that it is working in Cubase, however the pads and the keys on my midi keyboard play the same instrument ( whichever instrument I am clicked on ).

I am relatively new to Cubase and midi keyboards, so any help you can give me would be great thank you.

Thank you,

Adam
By peterpiper Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 pm
You can set up the MPK within its driver (If you havn't installed it already, download the newest version from AKAI and install it) I just watched a vid on youtube and saw that there are 2 settings called 'PAD MIDI Channel' and 'Keyboard/Knobs MIDI Channel'. Set them to different MIDI Channels. Then you need to create 2 Instrument Tracks in Cubase and set them to the different MIDI channels as well. BTW what PlugIns do you wanna use?

Depending on the MPK you either see this

or this

peace